Put a spooky spin on your Halloween refreshments with this delicious and great looking fruit drink. This easy Halloween Recipe is quick to make and the spider garnish will add a "Trick" to this healthy "Treat."
There is no shortage of show stopping, easy Halloween Recipes at Donna's house. Her parties are always filled with great surprises and she does everything BIG! Donna has even found a way to but a little "spooky" into this great version of a Tequila Sunrise Cocktail (no alcohol). The grenadine or pomegranate juice adds the spooky and delicious touch to an otherwise tame orange juice drink.
The super cute spider made from licorice whips is easy to make and dangle from a straw. She even rimmed the glass with black sanding sugar for that "authentic" Southwest Margarita spin on our second most Southwestern drink... the Tequila Sunrise.
Hop on over to Donna's Apron Strings Blog that she shares with her daughter, Anne and check out her other fun and easy Halloween recipes.
Here is how to make this easy Halloween recipe. It is more of a "direction" than a recipe, really. The amounts will vary depending on how many drinks you would like to make and how large your glasses are. But, they are simple, fast and believe me, you don't have to be a craft-y person to make these adorable spiders!
- Thin black licorice ropes
- Black sanding sugar (optional)
- Corn syrup (for the rim of glass, optional)
- Grenadine syrup
- Orange juice
- For spider, cut licorice ropes into segments about 3 to 4 inches long for spider “legs” and bundle them together. Tie legs together with a long licorice strand.
- For black top of glass, place a piece of tape around top of glass about ½ inch below the top. Then, rub corn syrup over top ½ inch and then roll in black sanding sugar. Remove tape.
- For drink, to get "layered" look, place ingredients in glass in this order. First, pour a little grenadine syrup into the bottom of the glass. Next, add ice cubes to fill the glass. Then, pour in orange juice to fill the glass. Top with more grenadine.
- Garnish with spiders by placing the end of the long strand of licorice tied around each spider into the top end of a straw. Place the straw in the glass so that the licorice spider "dangles" from the straw.
Leave a Reply