Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Chili? Yes! Everything you love in chili—chicken, green chiles, corn, beans, diced tomatoes and your favorite Southwest spices PLUS bacon and Ranch dressing! Your family will LOVE this new spin on a favorite Chili Recipe.
I'm always on the look out for slow c ooker recipes that will help me get dinner on the table in a hurry. When my friend Neyssa from Latina Mom Meals told me about her family's new favorite chili recipe, I knew I wanted to share it with you.
Neyssa has taken Chicken Chili recipe and added crumbled bacon and Ranch dressing! Yes, I said it, Ranch dressing! And bacon! Who doesn't love bacon?! I mean BACON!
Not everyone in my family is a Ranch dressing fan so, this recipe is different than other Crack Chicken recipes, this recipe only uses the Ranch seasoning packet in the chili itself and saves Ranch Dressing until the very end. Use the dressing as a drizzle or garnish so everyone can choose for themselves.
Here's how to make Neyssa's recipe—
How to make Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Chili—
Set up your favorite slow cooker as you usually do(I spray the bottom with a light spritz of cooking spray like Pam or Baker's Choice).
Add the boneless skinless chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
How to make Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Chili—
- Set up your favorite slow cooker as you usually do.
- Spray the bottom with a light spritz of cooking spray (I use Pam or Baker's Choice).
- Add the boneless skinless chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Layer the Cannellini or white beans, diced onion, corn, diced green chiles, chicken broth, Ranch seasoning to the slow cooker.
- NOTE: this photo shows the ingredients lined up in a row so that you can easily see most of the ingredients, this is not necessary. In fact, it may be more flavorful to mix up the ingredients so that the flavors of the Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Chili blend together while cooking. It's up to you.
- Add ½ to ¾ of the cooked, chopped bacon to the slow cooker. Set aside the rest of the bacon for garnish.
- You may add the chunks of cream cheese at this time OR wait until you shred the chicken and add the half and half.
- NOTE: Cream cheese can to cause lumps in the Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Chili so, I prefer to add it at the end. This is just a preference, the cream cheese is yummy anytime you add it... just a little lumpy.
How to Cook Cream Cheese Crack Chicken Chili in the Slow Cooker—
- Cook the chicken chili on high for 3-4 hours OR reduce the heat and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- After the chicken is cooked through ( no pink showing in the chicken), remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker.
- Finally, add the chunks of cream cheese then, stir in the half and half.
- Cook the Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Chili on low for another 10-15 minutes or until the soup thickens some and the cream cheese is softened and can be stirred in.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if desired.
What to Garnish Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Chili With—
- Scoop Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Chili in serving bowls and garnish with:
- Remaining chopped crispy bacon,
- Grated cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese or cheese of your choice,
- Crispy tortilla strips or tortilla chips,
- Drizzle of Ranch Dressing
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Chili is an EASY dinner recipe that will help you get dinner on the table. I hope you love it!
If you have any questions about this recipe, please contact me. You can leave a comment here on this post or you can find me on the Everyday Southwest Facebook Page.
I love to hearing from you!
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Chili
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless chicken
- 2 cans of cannelini beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup of chopped onions half a small onion
- 1 can of kernel corn drained
- 4 ½ ounces of green chilies chopped
- chicken broth
- 4 ounces of cream cheese cut into chunks (can be left for the end, if desired)
- 2-3 tablespoons of ranch seasoning
- 4 slices of cooked bacon finely chopped
- 1 cup of half and half
- salt and pepper to season
- Grease a large slow cooker with cooking spray and add in chicken, beans, onions, corn, chilies, chicken broth, ranch seasoning, bacon, and cream cheese (can be left out until final step).
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove chicken and shred.
- Add shredded chicken into the slow cooker, as well as the half and half, and cream cheese.
- Cook on low or warm for 10 minutes to allow soup to thicken and cream cheese to soften.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.