Delicious Chicken Fajitas on your grill! Marinate your chicken in fajita spices then, grill it on a stick with fresh vegetables for an easy, flavorful and healthy Southwest Favorite Recipe.
The best southwest recipe to cook on your grill might be Chicken Fajitas.
Marinate the chicken chunks in spicy fajita seasoning ( make them as hot or mild as you like) and skewer them with lots of grill-worthy veggies to make them easy to throw on the grill. You can substitute any meat from beef and pork to turkey or salmon.
When the chicken fajitas are grilled, serve them wrapped in flour tortillas with salsa and guacamole or sour cream.
I like to cook my kabobs so that all the meat chunks are on skewers together, all the hearty vegetables are together, and all the fruits are together. This way, you can cook the skewers the perfect amount of time for each type of food.
Happy Summer Everyone!
This is Donna Kelly’s recipe. You will find more of her recipes on ApronStringsBlog.com
- FAJITA MARINADE for the Grill:
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce (or more if you like more heat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kabob ingredients:
- 2 pounds chicken meat (I like dark meat for the grill)
- OR sirloin beef OR pork loin
- Bell pepper, onions and jalapenos, in desired quantities, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Blend all the marinade ingredients in a blender and pour into a large zip top bag. Cut meat into approximately 2 inch cubes. Add meat cubes to the bag. Refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours. NOTE: the longer the time, the more the meat will absorb the flavors of the marinade.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and pour the remaining marinade in a saucepan.
- Put meat and veggies on skewers and grill over very high heat until desired doneness and remove from grill.
- While grilling, simmer the reserved marinade over medium high heat to reduce, about 10 minutes. Brush the reduced marinade on the meat and veggies while the meat is still hot. Let cool to warm and serve.