Ladies and gentlemen, start your blenders! The 4th of July weekend is here and that only means one thing... POOL PARTY!
Well, OK, 4 things. Hot dogs, watermelon, pool parties and mocktails. Yes... Mocktails. You know, non-alcoholic versions of your favorite adult beverages.
Swimming parties are a big part of summer here in the Valley of the Sun. So, I thought I would share some of my favorite ideas for non alcoholic drinks for you, your kids and your "Designated Life Guard." You have assigned a Designated Life Guard already, haven't you?
While you are at it, why not take an extra few minutes to make sure your pool party is fun from start to finish. Here are a some of the things I do before guests arrive for EVERY pool party.
- Make sure the the personal floatation device is in good repair and readily available from the poolside.
- Move all chairs and tables a safe distance from the pool so no one trips on a table leg or falls into the pool.
- Make sure the grill is well away from the "play area."
- My pool is not deep enough for diving so, I put a sign right out in the open, where it can't be missed, and actually TELL each guest as they arrive that there is NO DIVING.
- Make sure young swimmers have a safe area of the pool to play (out of the way of rowdy teenagers).
And, most important of all:
- ASSIGN a "Designated Life Guard" for the party. If you are busy cooking, make sure you ask someone else. Be sure they know that they are "the man" (or woman, of coarse) for the party.
- If you do serve alcohol, make sure your life guard is NOT drinking.
- Give your life guard a "head count" of EXACTLY how many children (teens, too) are at the party so they can COUNT heads every so often. I usually count myself as well, the more eyes... the better.
- Give your life guard breaks and have an ASSIGNED ADULT trade off with them so that they can enjoy the party as well.
Now that that is taken care of... start those blenders and have a blast!
Here are my Strawberry Margarita Mocktail Recipe, Lime Sherbet Mocktail Recipe and some links to other great looking mocktails from around the web.
Strawberry Margarita Mocktail
1 package (10oz) frozen, sweetened strawberries, thawed
1 can (6oz) frozen limeade concentrate
½ cup orange juice
1 bottle (20oz) lemon-lime soda, chilled
3 cups of crushed ice or small cubes
Fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
Combine thawed strawberries, limeade concentrate and orange juice in a blender, cover. Blend the strawberry mixture until smooth. Stop the blender.
Remove the cap from the center of the lid. Replace the lid.
With the blender on, add the ice in small batches through the hole in the top of the blender. Blend until desired consistency, it should still be "slushy."
Pour strawberry slushy mix into a pitcher and add chilledlemon-lime soda.
Serve in chilled glasses.
Garnish with fresh strawberry, if desired.
Here are some other great looking Mocktails-
Simple Pomegranate Spritzer by Sarah's Cucina Bella
Frappucino Style Coffee Milkshake by Marla at Family Fresh Cooking
Watermelon Mocktail and other drinks by The National Watermelon Promotion Board
And A Whole Collection of Recipes by MADD (Mother's Against Drunk Driving)
Have a fun and safe 4th of July!
-posted by Sandy
Kim - Liv Life
An excellent source for pool safety! I think we all need to be reminded sometimes of the strategies that will keep the pool safe. We have had over 39 people in our pool at once, and always try to have a designated watcher
As for the mocktail... Wonderful! My daughter's bday is coming up and I can see a groping if preteens sipping these far into the night! Nicely done!
Ok, do you have to have a pool to try these?
I am pool-less, but can't wait to make these!
人気スーパーコピーブランド時計激安通販専門店私達は長年の実体商店の販売経験を持って、先進とプロの技術を持って、高品質のスーパーコピー時計づくりに 取り組んでいます。最高品質のロレックス時計コピー、カルティエ時計コピー、IWC時計コピー、ブライトリング時計コピー、パネライ時計コピー激安販売中商品の数量は多い、品質はよい。海外直営店直接買い付け！★ 2015年注文割引開催中，全部の商品割引10% ★ 在庫情報随時更新! ★ 実物写真、付属品を完備する。 ★ 100%を厳守する。 ★ 送料は無料です(日本全国)!★ お客さんたちも大好評です★ 経営方針: 品質を重視、納期も厳守、信用第一！税関の没収する商品は再度無料にして発送します https://www.msnbrand.com/brand-copy-IP-2.html