Shrimp Burger Recipe is quick, easy and delicious! Spice it up with Avocado-Jalapeño Aioli for a Great Burger Recipe that thinks outside the bun!
It's Burger Time! This amazing Shrimp Burger Recipe is part of the fan-tastic, month-long Burger Month Celebration hosted by my blogging buddy Kita Roberts—the creative force behind Girl Carnivore. (Opinions are always my own).
Come join the fun! Join the giveaway at the bottom of this post and share your idea of the most EPIC Burger! (optional)
Burgers are hands down my favorite summertime grill recipe—beef burgers, bacon burgers, even shrimp burgers find their way to my backyard barbecue bash.
This year, I am adding our favorite Shrimp Burger Recipe to the collection of Epic Burgers in Burger Month 2020, you are going to LOVE them it!
The burger is truly a delicious and flavorful burger with just the right texture. The shrimp taste shines even with roasted poblano peppers and a bright, tangy Avocado Jalapeño Aioli competing for the attention of your taste buds.
How to Make This Shrimp Burger Recipe-
The number one tip to making this Shrimp Burger Recipe is (drum roll please)...
- MAYONNAISE- I know. I thought the same thing - weird. But. If you spread a little mayo right on the shrimp burgers before you put them on the grill, they will have a beautiful golden crust that you just can't get from plain old oil. We learned this new trick from a friend of Donna's who has perfected the art of cooking fish on the grill so, try a little mayo the next time you throw a fish fillet on the grill and you will be a believer.
- Texture- To get a burger that holds together, but has that plump shrimp texture, place the tilapia and half of the shrimp in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Coarsely chop the remaining half of the shrimp into small pieces and stir into the pureed mixture.
- Chill for 15 minutes then, form the shrimp mixture into patties and chill again.
Don't forget the Avocado Jalapeño Aioli, it is truly amazing - I slather it on lots of things so be sure to make enough!
Now for the Burger Month 2020 Giveaway -
A big, big thank you to our #BurgerMonth Sponsors:
Red Duck Foods, and
for providing prizes for this epic event!
Enter to win these amazing prizes-
Anvil & Hammer Knife: Damascus Chef Knife - Kitchen Knife - 67 Layer 8" VG-10 Super Steel Hammer Finish Blade - Full Tang Rosewood Handle - Presented in Gift Box - Sheath Inc
Cabot Cheese: Cheese Gift Box Valued at $75
New York Beef Council: Lego Creator Monster Burger Truck Kit and Beef Swag
Red Duck: 1 Bottle of Gourmet Ketchup
Spoonabilities: Grilling Gift Basket including: Eleia Greek Olive Oil & Vinegar Gift Set, Mr. & Mrs. Greek Mandarin Marmalade, Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Dip, Salt Odyssey Journey of Salts | Herbal Salt Mixes, The Magnificent Five Greek Olives Varieties, Vegan Fig Salami with Orange Zest, & Greek Pine Honey
- This #BurgerMonth giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All winning entries are verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness.
- The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. One winner for each weekly giveaway will be selected. The prize packages are sent directly from the sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen.
- Our #BurgerMonth Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BurgerMonth posts or entry.
I hope you LOVE this Shrimp Burger Recipe, we do!
Be sure to check out the other fabulous recipes for California Avocados - “Join Dine & Dish and Cookin’ Canuck for the California Avocado 4th of July Blast, sponsored by the California Avocado Commission.”
See more of Donna's recipes on ApronStringsBlog.com.
This Shrimp Burger Recipe has bee and favorite since Donna's June 2012 post.
BAJA SHRIMP BURGER with Avocado-Jalapeño Aoli
- 2 pounds raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces tilapia cut in ¼ inch dice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper sauce divided
- 2 large ripe Haas avocados
- ½ cup mayonnaise divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large jalapeno pepper seeds and stem removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 large ripe tomatoes cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored and quartered
- 6 kaiser rolls or other soft rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Pulse the shrimp, egg, soy sauce, garlic powder and cayenne pepper sauce in a food processor just until everything is in small bits. Stir in tilapia. Form into 6 patties, ⅔ cup each, about ½ inch thick. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Char the poblano peppers on all sides on 450 degrees grill until blackened. Place in a zip top bag and let sit for 20 minutes. Remove peppers and then wipe vigorously with a paper towel, until all charred skin is removed. Slice into 2 inch wide strips.
- Blend in blender 2 avocados, ¼ cup mayonnaise, lime juice, jalapeno, garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper sauce. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut apple into very thin matchstick pieces.
- Heat a grill on one side to 450 degrees. Spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise on one side of each of the shrimp patties. Cook patties on grill over indirect heat, mayonnaise side down, for about 3 minutes, until golden brown on bottom side. Spread one teaspoon of mayonnaise on uncooked side. Flip patties over, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat.
- Brush buns with melted butter and place buttered side down on grill for a minute or two, until lightly toasted.
- Assemble burgers as follows: 1 tablespoon avocado mixture on bottom bun, poblano strips to fit bun, shrimp patty, a little of the apple pieces, slices of tomato to fit bun, 1 tablespoon of avocado mixture on top bun, placed down on top.