Gazpacho Recipe in a Jar packs fresh seasonal vegetables into an easy-to-carry jar that's perfect for weekday lunches—great meal prep recipe, too! Just blend and serve.
Can't get enough of fresh seasonal vegetables? Here is a great recipe that will hit the spot. Gazpacho Recipe in a Jar is perfect for weekday lunches, picnics or a fast and easy "meal prep" recipe that you can fix ahead of time then, keep in the fridge until ready to blend and serve.
Great southwest recipes can be light and healthy and packed with flavor. Gazpacho is one of our favorite Healthy Southwest Recipes. We make gazpacho with all kinds of fresh or roasted vegetables and even fruit gazpachos.
Donna's Gazpacho Recipe in a Jar takes advantage of her amazing home garden that supplies her family with extra fresh veggies BUT, you can find the same fresh seasonal vegetables at any super market. Just look for the freshest, ripest veggies.
Donna originally posted her Gazpacho Recipe in a Jar in the Summer of 2012 and it has been a favorite with readers ever since! Here is her original post.
This year, we at the Kellys have an over-abundance of produce this year – including cherry tomatoes – those little globes of Mother-Nature made candy. So nice of her to create tomatoes in a travel-friendly form.
So, I decided to depart from my usual Salsa Fairy duties ((I am known throughout the neighborhood for leaving jars of spicy smoky goodness on doorsteps)) and spread Gazpacho Love through my little corner of the world.
BTW, did you know that gazpacho was a soup that originally had no tomatoes? Because there were none in Spain until the conquest of the new world. At least that’s what food geek Alton Brown explains in his 1 minute gazpacho production video – worth a look if you’re an AB addict like me.
I decided to make it pretty and layer the veggies in a jar and let the blending be done just before eating.
So, just attach a note proclaiming Gazpacho Love – with instructions to blend and add tomato juice and seasonings at will.
—posted by Donna
Tools I use for Gazpacho Recipe in a Jar-
(Amazon affiliate links included)
GAZPACHO IN A JAR
- 4 parts diced tomatoes
- 2 parts diced cucumber
- 1 part diced bell pepper I used yellow
- ½ part thinly sliced green onions
- A few cloves of garlic
- ½ part extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- 8 ounce tomato juice
- 1 to taste salt and pepper
- to taste cayenne pepper sauce Frank's or Tabasco
- to taste lime or lemon juice
- Place prepared ingredients in a jar in pretty layers. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, blend ingredients with a stick blender or pour into a standard blender.Add tomato juice as desired for taste and consistency and seasonings to taste as desired: salt, pepper, lime or lemon juice, cayenne pepper sauce.