Don't put those pumpkins away, yet. These Fall Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Pumpkins will steal the show at your potluck dinner or on the Thanksgiving Dessert Table.
I posted these cute little cupcakes on my blogging buddy's website, Summer Scraps, a last year and want to make sure I share it with you in time for Thanksgiving.
I mean really! Who said Halloween should have all the fun? These cream cheese frosting pumpkins are adorable! I take them to just about every fall activity or holiday party. They are fast, easy and (let's face it) cute! The stem is made from a pretzel stick and the leaf is from a sprig of mint. You can reserve a little icing (before coloring it orange) and add green food coloring to pip little leaves if you woould rather have icing leaves. Just make sure that the stems and leaves you use are edible!
Head on over to Summer Scraps for the directions for these cream cheese frosting pumpkins. You can put them on my easy carrot cupcake recipe or my easy pumpkin cupcake recipe. But really, they will go on just about any thing!
Be sure to follow Everyday Southwest on Facebook for all of our latest recipes and news. Please leave us a comment here on the blog or on Facebook if you have any questions, we LOVE hearing from you!
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 8 ounces ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 8 cups of powdered sugar (if you use the bags of powdered sugar, you don't have to measure)
- orange food coloring (a few drops for desired color)
- 24 prepared cupcakes
- 12 pretzel sticks (try to get a fatter stick than the "matchstick" size)
- Mint leaves, 1 for each cupcake (may use small basil leaves, oregano or any small edible leaf)
- Bring the cream cheese and butter to room temperature. Beat them together in a large mixing bowl and gradually add the powdered sugar. Sift before adding, if necessary.
- Add the food coloring a few drops at a time to reach the desired color.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag fitted with a large, round tip.
- Pipe a mound of frosting in the center of the each cupcake. Pipe around the mound of frosting making two to three layers forming the "pumpkin."
- Cut the pretzel stick in 2 inch segments and stick one "cut side down" in each pumpkin making a stem.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.
looks yummy.. and a giveaway what fun
These are the cutest little pumpkin creations! Perfect for Halloween or even Thanksgiving. They also look like they taste delicious! I would probably use your carrot cake recipe to make these cupcakes. Nothing goes better together than carrot cake & cream cheese frosting 🙂