Coffee Lovers, this is the recipe for you! Dalgona Coffee No Bake Cheesecake is a smooth and creamy dessert with rich coffee flavor, yummy graham cracker crust then, chilled for an delicious Creamy Dessert.
This coffee flavored cheesecake recipe is the featured dessert for Spaghetti Western Week 2020 (our annual celebration of all things cowboy, Clint Eastwood and Southwest meets Italian recipes). Why? Because cowboys love their coffee.
This is a rich and delicious dessert that combines my favorite things into one dessert—light and creamy; not too sweet and don’t forget the coffee flavor.
This cheesecake recipe feels light and creamy PLUS it’s chilled! That’s a must for a Southwest Summer Dessert.
The coffee flavor adds that touch of bitterness and rich flavor so nothing is too sweet.
You can garnish this recipe with fresh berries, toasted nuts, dark chocolate drizzle, caramel drizzle or any other flavor that you love with a light coffee flavor.
Or just eat it plain… with a spoon… right out of the fridge… it will be our secret.
What is Dalgona Coffee?-
You’ve heard all of the hype around this trendy beverage but, what exactly is Dalgona coffee?
Dalgona Coffee is a whipped coffee topping spooned over iced milk. You blend the whipped coffee topping into the milk as you drink, much like whipped cream melting into hot chocolate… only the milk is chilled.
The whipped coffee beverage originated in India but, it was made famous in South Korea when it was featured on a popular television show.
How to Make Dalgona Coffee (Whipped Coffee)-
Making Dalgona Coffee itself is easy to do. Just whip equal parts instant coffee, sugar and hot water together until it resembles coffee whipped cream.
- Measure 1 part instant coffee with 1 part granulated sugar and 1 part hot water (a 1:1:1 ratio to be exact) into a small mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the coffee mixture until it resembles whipped cream or egg whites with soft to medium peaks.
- Do you need an electric mixer to make Dalgona Coffee? No, a whisk will work just as well and will give you quite a workout while you are at it.
- NOTE: I like to use my hand mixer for this recipe. I think the stand mixer is too big and does not touch the bottom of the bowl so, it does not mix the small amounts coffee mixture as effectively.
- Spoon the whipped coffee over iced milk (or really cold milk) OR…
- Blend it into this delicious Dalgona Coffee No Bake Cheesecake instead!
How to Make Dalgona Coffee NO Bake Cheesecake-
Making this cheesecake recipe is really easy. It is made in a couple of different steps but, it comes together really quickly.
- Start with room temperature cream cheese and very cold cream. I use a chilled mixing bowl for the whipped cream.
- First, make the Graham Cracker Crust. I use my Ultimate Graham Cracker Crust because I love the toasted pecans in the recipe. If you are in a rush, use the graham cracker crust in this recipe, it is a good basic crust.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon together then, stir in the melted butter. Pat the mixture into a 9 by 13 pan. I line the pan with parchment paper or waxed paper first (see photo below). Then chill.
- Next, whip the Dalgona Coffee topping (see above). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the room temperature cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar (I sift the powdered sugar before adding) and vanilla then, beat until well combined.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the Cool Whip (or fresh whipped cream) and Dalgona Coffee into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour cheesecake filling over the graham cracker crust and chill for 4 to 6 hours before serving.
How to Plate a NO Bake Cheesecake-
Here is my tip for plating a creamy dessert like this Dalgona Cheesecake, tiramisu or mousse cake.
- Line the pan with parchment paper or waxed paper and spray lightly with a baking spray.
- Next, pat in the graham cracker crust or what ever you are using for a crust (lady fingers, cake, etc…)
- After your cheesecake is chilled, use the parchment paper to lift the cheesecake (etc) out of the pan and set it on a cutting board or counter.
- Peel the paper away from the sides add slice with a long knife. I use my chef’s knife or bread knife not because it is tough to slice, but because the long blade makes a smoother cut.
- Dip the knife in hot water and wipe it off between slices to keep the cuts smooth and the edges of your slices sharp.
- Removing the cheesecake from the pan will help making clean slices PLUS, it will help you lift it out of the pan easily.
Shop this post-
These are Amazon Affiliate links to the items I used in this post
If you like this no bake coffee cheesecake, you will LOVE these recipes!
I hope you LOVE this recipe!
If you have any questions, please reach out to me. You can leave a comment on this post OR to reach me more quickly, leave a comment on Everyday Southwest’s Facebook Page.
I love to hear from you!
No-Bake Dalgona Coffee Cheesecake
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 9 by 13 pan
- To prepare the crust smash the graham crackers with a rolling pin or by hand until it’s mostly crumbled and only a few small chunks remain.
- Mix the butter and sugar in with the crushed crackers until well combined.
- Prepare a cake pan with wax paper or butter spray and press the crust mix into the pan in a thin layer. Refrigerate while you are preparing the filling.
- To prepare the Dalgona coffee whip the instant coffee, hot water and sugar together until fluffy stiff peaks form and the mix turns a light brown or tan color. Set aside.
- To prepare the filling beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer or by hand until the it becomes creamy and light.
- Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fold in the Dalgona mix and cool whip.
- Remove the crust from the fridge pour the filling into the pan and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Share on Facebook or save to your newsfeed for later.
Be sure to share this recipe on Pinterest or Pin it to your account for later.