This easy 3 ingredient Nutella Chocolate Ganache Recipe is the perfect topping for just about anything—cakes, cupcakes, donuts, ice cream… even toast! You won’t need any other chocolate icing recipe. Add it to your collection of Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes
Oooh… Nutella. Creamy. Chocolate-y. Just a hint of hazelnut-y flavor. The spreadable treat that inspires riots in the hearts of Frenchmen everywhere.
I don’t know about your children, but the kids in my life are obsessed with Nutella. We put it on everything from grilled cheese sandwiches to our morning toast! It is especially good on my family’s Old Fashioned Banana Cupcake Recipe.
Three easy ingredients turn regular Nutella into a delicious Nutella Chocolate Ganache that can be poured over cakes and desserts or turned into a fondue for dipping.
And talk about easy! Just heat the cream in your microwave or on your stovetop then, stir in the Nutella and you’ve got frosting! Yep. It’s that easy. No need for sifting powdered sugar, no powdered sugar “dust” all over the kitchen and no waiting for the butter or cream cheese to soften. Just heat, stir and pour.
How to Make Nutella Chocolate Ganache—
- Measure the Nutella into a bowl before heating the cream.
- Use cooking spray (such as Pam) to coat the measuring cup so that the Nutella doesn’t stick to the cup.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small sauce pan and remove from heat as soon as it boils.
- OR, use a microwave safe bowl to heat the cream in the microwave. Heat for short intervals (30 to 60 seconds at a time until bubbles appear around the edges of the bowl. BE CAUTIOUS when removing hot liquid from the microwave, it can boil over unexpectedly.
- Pour the cream over the Nutella and stir until smooth.
- Stir in cube of butter until completely combined.
How to Frost a Cake, Cupcakes or Donuts with Nutella Chocolate Ganache—
- Prepare the cake, cupcakes, donut or dessert before preparing the ganache.
- Plate the cake and have it ready to frost.
- Prepare the Nutella Chocolate Ganache Recipe.
- Pour ganache over the prepared cake or dessert while it is warm and easy to pour.
- Use an offset spatula to gently smooth the ganache evenly over the cake.
- Allow the ganache to cool and become more firm.
- Dip small desserts such as cupcakes or donuts into ganache and let the ganache cool until it becomes more firm.
NOTE: This Nutella Chocolate Ganache will stay moist and not harden like a glaze.
I hope you love this recipe! We do.
If you have any questions about this recipe or any other question about Southwest food, please leave a comment here on the this post OR can always reach me on Everyday Southwest’s Facebook Page.
For Southwest recipes delivered right to your email, subscribe to Everyday Southwest’s RSS Feed.
Look for me on Pinterest for more great recipes.
See you soon!
If you love Chocolate Ganache, scroll down to the end of this post for great recipes that are delicious with a drizzle Nutella Chocolate Ganache.
Nutella Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For the frosting, heat the cream in the microwave until little bubbles appear.
- Pour the cream over the Nutella and stir well to mix.
- Stir the butter into the Nutella and cream just until melted and glossy.
Recipes that are perfect with drizzle a little Nutella Chocolate Ganache:
Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes with Toasted Meringue
Pin this recipe for later