- You can’t have a Halloween Party without Jack! Fiesta Jack-O-Lantern Cheese Ball puts a Southwest spin on the classic recipe for added Halloween fun. This fast and easy party appetizer is one of the amazing recipes in our 200 Appetizers Cookbook.
- Fiesta Jack-o-Lantern Cheese Ball Halloween Recipe
Tomorrow is the first day of October, and you know what that means – Let the Halloween recipe fest begin!
I promise this jack-o-lantern cheese ball recipe will make you the hit of any Halloween celebration!
I was looking for something savory and orange to roll the cheese ball in and finally the light bulb went on: crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos! They are the perfect color for a jack-o-lantern and add a little zip, too. I know they’re not the healthiest thing you can put in your mouth, but really the color is perfect and you’re only using a little bit of crumbs.
Use your favorite cheese ball recipe, or use our recipe with southwest flavors below. Don’t forget the jumbo olives cut into triangle eyes and a toothy smile!
Eat, Drink and Be Scary!
Eat Drink and Be Scary!
— posted by Donna
- 1 package (8 ounces) regular or light cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated ( about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper sauce
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, tops included
- 1 cup finely crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos chips
- 4 jumbo sized black olives (for eyes and mouth)
- 1 small jalapeno or other pepper (for stem)
- Mix together the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, hot sauce and green onions. Form into a ball and then flatten slightly on top to form a pumpkin shape. Make and indentation on the top where the stem will be placed. Freeze for at least one hour.
- Place Dorito crumbs on a plate and roll cheese ball in crumbs. Place on a serving plate.
- Cut olive into two triangles for eyes and a jack-o-lantern style mouth. Stick the eyes and mouth onto cheese ball with toothpicks. Cut pepper in half and place on top, forming a stem.
- Serve chilled with crackers, toasted baguette slices or pita crisps.