Double Chocolate Pancakes with Nutella Ganache and Cherry Sauce topped with fresh whipped cream is a chocolate lover’s dream. Start your day with this chocolate-y breakfast or or pile them high and share them for a decadent dessert.
Just make sure you smother them in this Nutella Ganache Recipe then, get ready to lick the spoon.
Chocolate and cherries have become our favorite dessert combination. We have worked the flavor into all sorts of cakes and pie and treats. I try to come up with a different chocolate cherry dessert recipe for birthdays.
I had one of those great “wake up in the middle of the night” ideas for my husband’s birthday this year. We won’t be home in the evening to celebrate so… why not turn chocolate and cherries into breakfast?
Double Chocolate Pancakes! Why not? In fact, why not smother the Double Chocolate Pancakes with Nutella Ganache instead of regular ol’ syrup?
These Double Chocolate Pancakes with Nutella Ganache and Cherry Sauce were a hit!
Let me tell you how I did it.
How to make Double Chocolate Pancakes with Nutella Ganache and Cherry Sauce
Best tips for saving time in the morning:
Keeping breakfast fast and easy is my motto.
Here are my tips for making this delicious homemade Double Chocolate Pancake recipe quickly:
First, make the Sweet Cherry Sauce ahead of time.
I make my Cherry Sauce the night before and keep it in the refrigerator overnight. You can heat it gently over low heat while the pancakes are cooking but, heating the sauce is not necessary. Just set it out and bring it to room temperature.
Can I Use Canned Cherry Sauce or Pie Filling?
Yes! You absolutely can! You can also use frozen cherries to save time.
Next, set out all of the ingredients ahead of time. This can also be done the night before )unless it is a special breakfast surprise). In fact, I usually measure out the dry ingredients so they are ready to go.
Use the “Well” Method for mixing the batter: Cut down on dirty dishes by only using one bowl.
To do that, measure your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk them together. Make a “well” or hole in the center of the ingredients where you can see the bottom of the bowl.
Add the eggs and other wet ingredients to the center of the “well” and whisk them together. Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients from around the edges of the “well.”
How Make Tender Double Chocolate Pancakes with Nutella Ganache and Cherry Sauce
For tender pancakes, don’t over stir the batter. Also, let the batter “rest” while you whip the cream and measure out the Nutella Ganache ingredients.
Cook the pancakes in a non-stick pan with a tiny bit of oil. I use a paper towel to remove the excess oil. Here is an Amazon affiliate link to one of the many non-stick pans I use.
Don’t cook the Double Chocolate Pancakes too fast! Chocolate can scorch very easily. You do not want to “scorch” the chocolate in the pancakes or burn the edges of the pancakes so, use a medium to medium-low temperature.
Microwave Nutella Ganache
Can you made Nutella Ganache in the microwave? Yes! Here is how to it.
Here is how to make Nutella Ganache in the Microwave
- First thing- Do NOT put the Nutella in the Microwave. Measure the desired amount of Nutella and have it ready.
- Heat the cream for the Nutella Ganache in the microwave until you see steam and little bubbles appear around the edges. Do Not Boil the cream.
- Remove the cream from the microwave and stir the cream into the Nutella.
- Stir, stir, stir until the Nutella is smooth and creamy.
- Pour Nutella Ganache over your pancakes, cakes, donuts brownies… anything you can think of.
- Close your eyes and say, “Mmmmm…”
Other Chocolate and Nutella Recipes You Will Love
Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes with Nutella Ganache are the perfect little bite of something chocolate-y.
Mini Chocolate Cakes withe Cherries on the Bottom are warm, chocolate cake cakes with Cherry Sauce on the bottom. The sauce is baked right in!
Classic Chocolate Pie the easy way. This pie is our family’s love story. Creamy Chocolate, perfect Graham Cracker Crust topped with fresh, fluffy whipped cream. You are going to need a bigger pie.
Sweet Cherry Sauce is the perfect topping to this pile of this warm, chocolate pancakes.
How do you like this recipe?
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe!
Double Chocolate Pancakes with Nutella Ganache and Cherry Sauce
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Large spoon
- Pancake turner or spatula
- sheet pan or large oven safe plate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk if batter is too thick, add a tablespoon or two for desired consistency
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso or coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ½ ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Nutella Ganache (recipe follows)
- Sweet Cherry Sauce Recipe from Everyday Southwest or you may use canned cherry pie filling
- Whipped Cream
- Prepare the Cherry Sauce ahead of time or use your favorite canned cherry pie filling.Mix the Double Chocolate Pancake batter. Prepare the Nutella Ganache and Whipped Cream while cooking the pancakes to save time.
- Heat oven to 150 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugars, 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, the melted butter and the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until combined. Add remaining buttermilk if mixture is too thick. Fold in the chocolate and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat a large griddle or cast-iron pan over medium heat. Brush with the neutral oil and allow it to get hot. Drop ¼-cup portions of the batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles begin to rise to the surface, approximately 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another minute or two. As pancakes are ready, place them on a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven.
- To Serve: stack pancakes on a plate and layer with Nutella Ganache and a spoonful or two of Cherry Sauce between the pancakes. Top with Whipped Cream and a drizzle of Nutella Ganache.