Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes Nutella Ganache are smooth and creamy with a Chocolate Cookie Crust topped with yummy Nutella Ganache — a perfect chocolate hazelnut spoonful.
Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes Nutella Ganache
I love these little cheesecakes! The are just the right size for a few bites of chocolate-y deliciousness. Cheesecake can be very rich and just a few bites are enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.
These mini cheesecakes are topped with my favorite Nutella Ganache recipe. This recipe has been a fan favorite ever since I shared it on the blog.
I made Nutella Ganache for the first time for some of the kids in our family that absolutely love Nutella. As it turns out, this ganache is the perfect "not too sweet" frosting for many of my favorite baked treats like Old Fashioned Banana Cupcakes. It makes an excellent dip for Crispy Churros with Nutella Ganache. Another delicious Nutella treat are these Mini M&Ms Nutella Cups.
How to Make Mini Chocolate Cheesecake With Nutella Ganache
- Let's talk about how to make these little desserts. The key to my time saving recipe tips is organize the steps.
- First, get out all of your ingredients and have them easy to reach.
- Then mix together the Chocolate Cookie Crust and press a tablespoon or slightly more into the cupcake pans that have been lined with cupcake papers.
- Now, while the cookie crust is baking, mix the Nutella Ganache Recipe and set aside.
- The ganache can sit for a little while so, I make it BEFORE I make the cheesecake filling.
- While the cookie crust is cooling, mix the chocolate batter. Keep it chilled if you need to.
- When the pan is cool enough to handle, you can chill the chocolate cookie crust in the fridge for a few minutes to hurry the process.
Tips for Baking Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes Nutella Ganache
- When the crust is completely cool, spoon the chocolate cheesecake filling into the cupcake liners. Not too much or the batter will spill over when they bake.
- How to know when the cheesecakes are done? Cheesecakes are easy to over cook. So, watch the time very carefully. They will not take more than the 20 minutes noted in the recipe. In fact, they may take a little less time.
- Watch the edges of the cheesecakes. They will puff up a little and look done BUT, the centers of the cheesecakes should still jiggle when you take them out of the oven.
- Remember that the cheesecakes will continue to bake after you take them out of the oven. Make sure you take them out of the muffin pan as soon as you can to slow down the cooking.
- Cool for at least 2 hours. Let the mini chocolate cheesecakes cool all the way down BEFORE spooning on the Nutella Ganache. Otherwise, the Nutella will melt into the cheesecake slightly and loose it's shape and glossy finish.
- Top the cheesecakes with the Chocolate Covered Hazelnuts and serve.
Garnishes for Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes with Nutella Ganache
I like to garnish mini desserts with something that goes with the recipe.
Chocolate Covered Hazelnuts are an adorable garnish for these little cheesecakes. I like the ones from Nuts.com in New Jersey because the chocolate is glossy and smooth and they have a round shape. Some of the chocolate covered nuts are flat on one side.
If you can't find them in stores and don't have time to order them, Chocolate Covered Whoppers are a cute substitution.
I hope you love this recipe!
If you have any questions about this recipe or other recipes on Everyday Southwest, leave a comment here, on the blog, or Like Everyday Southwest on Facebook and leave a comment there.
Share this recipe on Facebook-
Pin this recipe for later-
Follow me on Pinterest for other great recipes and ideas!
Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes with Nutella Ganache
- Muffin Pan
- Cupcake Papers
- Mixing Bowls
- Electric Mixer
- Chocolate Cookie Layer
- 1 ½ C flour
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For Cheesecake Filling
- 2 - 8 oz packages cream cheese softened
- 1 C sugar
- ½ C sour cream
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon Hershey Dark cocoa powder
- 1 Cup Nutella Ganache Recipe My favorite Nutella Ganache recipe
- Chocolate Covered Hazelnuts or Whopper Chocolate Candies
- Directions for Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a large
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy
- Add the egg yolks, milk and vanilla extract and beat again.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until well combined
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the batter into each cupcake liner
- Bake in the oven for about 5 - 7 minutes
- Set aside to cool
- Directions for Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- Bring oven temp down to 325
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until together until smooth and creamy
- Add sour cream, vanilla, cocoa powder and salt, beat until combined
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until combined
- Scoop about ¼ C of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners
- Bake in the oven for 17-21 minutes or until the centers are set but slightly jiggle
- Allow cheesecakes to cool completely
- Scoop 1 ½ tablespoon of ganache onto the top of the cold cheesecakes
- Place a Chocolate Covered Hazelnut or Whopper Candy in the center of each cheesecake.
Originally posted on July 3, 2020. Updated November 10, 2023