Spice up your holiday with Habanero Orange Marmalade. You will love how it adds flavor to your favorite jam filled treats like Thumbprint or Linzer Cookies. The marmalade is perfect on a cheese plate and makes a terrific homemade Christmas gift.
Christmas Week continues with Habanero Orange Marmalade recipe!
I love making homemade gifts for the holidays. Especially gifts that taste like they come from some sort of fancy gourmet shop. This marmalade is exactly that—a flavor you won’t find anywhere else! I make a large batch so that I can give a few jars away as gifts to the people on my list that I would like to show some extra love and appreciation for.
What exactly can you use Habanero Orange Marmalade for, you ask? EVERYTHING! Morning scones, Linzer and Thumbprint Cookies, Rugalach (trust me!), bagels and cream cheese… even a fancy dessert cheese plate.
Don’t be afraid of the Habaneros! They have become my favorite of all the chiles. They are hot, that’s true, but they have a wonderful fruity flavor that does something magical when added to recipes with fruit. Ok… maybe not “magical…” just trust me on this one. Try the Habaneros! Habaneros are your friend! (Do you love my attempt at amateur hypnosis??)
If you love orange marmalade, you’ll love this. It is easy to make yourself AND there will be a test next week… (just kidding). The recipe is easy though and you will love how wonderful your house will smell while making the jam. Scroll to the bottom of this post for the recipe.
On other holiday news—
Christmas Week is here…
Happiness and cheer…
Fun for all that foodies call
Their favorite time of year…
Well that works better when you imagine the Charlie Brown song playing in your head while writing a Christmas recipe post. Sorry. It’s 5:00 am. I don’t usually do 5:00 am. BUT! I wanted to be able to share with you all of the amazing bloggers that have joined this year’s Christmas Week hosted by the amazing and talented Kim, creator and mastermind behind the blog Cravings of a Lunatic. Please be sure to visit Kim and the other fantastic bloggers this week… or any week to see their delicious Christmas Week recipes.
Oh ya! Be sure to enter our HUGE Amazon Gift Card Giveaway totaling $800 dollars in Amazon cash!! We have chipped in together and are giving away these great prizes to celebrate the season.
1-$500 Gift Card to Grande Prize Winner PLUS 1- $250 Amazon Gift Card and 1-$50 Amazon Gift Card !!
Be that winner! Enter as many times as you would like by using the Rafflecopter on this page for easy ways to enter.
After you have entered the giveaway, come and meet my Christmas Friends—
Participants for this year’s Christmas Week:
Here are today’s Christmas Week Recipes!
Pistachio Roca from Cravings of a Lunatic
Slow Cooker Eggnog Granola from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Hot Cocoa Brownies from Crumb: A Food Blog
Soft Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies from Food Done Light
Cranberry Chai Tea Cookies from Farm Fresh Feasts
Chanukah Gelt Cookies from Mother Would Know
Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies from Food Lust People Love
Rocky Road Fudge by My Catholic Kitchen
Best Sugar Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Salted Caramel Chocolate Thumbprints from Mind Over Batter
Gingerbread Chocolate Sandwich Cookies from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Habanero Orange Marmalade from Everyday Southwest
Upside Down Sticky Apple Pie from From Gate to Plate
Homemade Instant Hot Cocoa Mix from Flour on my Face
Chocolate Raspberry Walnut Rugelach from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Here is the RAFFLECOPTER LINK:
- 6 medium oranges
- 1 large lemon
- 8 cups water, divided
- 8 cups sugar
- 2 Habanero chiles, minced and seeded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wash and dry oranges and lemon. Cut off the ends. With a mandoline or food processor, cut oranges into ⅛ inch slices. Reserve juice and seeds. Stack slices and cut into 6 pieces like a pie. Place orange slices, juice and lemon juice in a stainless steel pot and cover with 8 cups of water.
- Place seeds in a tea bag or cheese cloth and tie with a string then, add seeds packet to pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover pot with a lid. Let cool and refrigerate 8 hours or over night.
- Return mixture to a boil. Reduce temperature and simmer until peels are translucent, about 25 mins. Stir in sugar and minced Habaneros then, simmer until mixture reaches 220 degrees on a candy thermometer. Stir often to avoid burning bottom and to prevent it from boiling over.
- Spoon into clean, sterilized containers. The marmalade may be canned using safe canning methods or kept refrigerated.
- If giving as a gift in an "un-canned" container, be sure to late it "Keep Refrigerated."
Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. All prizes will be paid via Amazon.com so there are no issues with exchanges rates. Winner must be 18 years of age. Winner will be notified via email. Winner has 72 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. Winner will be asked a skill testing question.
Pin this Giveaway to share with all of your friends!