Hanger Steak Tacos Recipe with Apple Garnish are so amazingly good that you will think a fancy chef made them! You've got to trust us on the apple thing, you will love it.
These are the best tacos I have had in a long, long time. And I couldn't wait to share them with you, my southwest food friends!
I was inspired by a fabulous new restaurant near my home - Tortilla Bar. They served a hanger steak taco with a serrano and green apple garnish and I couldn't wait to get home and make my own version. Their addition of thin matchsticks of green apple with some paper-thin serrano slices is brilliant!
If you've never cooked with hanger steak, you're missing out on tender, succulent beefy goodness. This cut of meat "hangs" from the tenderloin to the ribs and is uber flavorful.
This is a super easy taco to make - easy enough to make even on a Wednesday night!
-- posted by Donna
- 1 pound hanger steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and pepper
- Juice and zest of one lime
- Mix together oil, salt and pepper and lime juice and zest. Rub this all over steak. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill on one side for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn over and grill another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let rest at least 10 minutes, preferably 30.
- Slice into thin slices across the grain.
- To assemble tacos, use a warmed corn tortilla and any garnishes you like. I used very thin matchsticks of green apple and paper-thin slices of serrano peppers.
Judy @Savoring Today
You are so right, hanger steak makes excellent tacos and I love the idea of the matchstick green apple in this recipe -- Yum!
The combo of ingredients is different - but so refreshing!