Summer Fruit Gazpacho Recipe is filled with juicy peaches and cherries with all the flavor of summer. Don’t forget the plums and cucumbers. Gazpacho Recipes are healthy dinner idea or refreshing lunch. Freeze it into ice cubes!
Gazpacho is an all-time favorite summertime soup here in the Southwest. Who needs to heat up the kitchen and eat steamy broth in when temperature are soaring.
It is so easy to make a refreshing gazpacho, just blend your favorite fresh veggies or fruits together in a blender, chill and serve!
Summer Fruit Gazpacho Recipe is a Family Favorite
This recipe was originally posted in July of 2013. It is one of my sister Donna’s creative and delicious gazpacho recipes.
I have updated her post with easy “how to tips,” an easy to use printable recipe plugin and keywords that will make Everyday Southwest’s recipes easy for you to find in your search for delicious, easy recipes.
Donna’s original Summer Fruit Recipe has not been changed and is a reader favorite since 2013.
The great thing about cooking with friends and family is sharing all of our favorite recipes and childhood memories with each other.
Here is Donna’s original post-
“My daughter, Anne, converted me to gazpacho. Maybe it was the way her eyes sparkled when she talked about her childhood memories of what she called “liquid salad.” I don’t know, but I do know I think of her every time I eat gazpacho now.
And so, I had this amazing cantaloupe gazpacho for dessert at a restaurant across the street from where I work and I daydreamed about it for days. So light, cool, refreshing. And I pledged then and there to make my own version.
You can use whatever fruit in whatever combo you like – but I liked more peaches/nectarine flavor than plum flavor. And the addition of cucumber is shockingly perfect with the fruit.
With temperatures breaking records everywhere in the West, this is a perfect way to end a meal on a hot summer day!
— posted by Donna”
Tips for How to Make Summer Fruit Gazpacho Recipe:
- Start with ripe, juicy fruit. The fruit will be sweeter and worth the wait!
- Use chilled fruit so that you can serve it immediately after blending
- If the fruit is not chilled, refrigerate the finished Summer Fruit Gazpacho before serving
- Taste the blended gazpacho for flavor and tartness, add a tiny bit of sugar if desired
- Pour into chilled glasses to keep the fruit gazpacho cool and refreshing
- Add your favorite summer fruits and berries that are in season
- Freeze into popsicles or ice cubes for a heathy treat
- Have fun with your Summer Fruit Gazpacho Recipe!
SUMMER FRUIT GAZPACHO
Delicious Fruit Gazpacho Recipe with peaches and cherries—all the flavors of summer!
- 1 large cucumber peeled
- 2 ripe peaches pitted
- 1 ripe plum pitted
- 8 to 10 ripe cherries pitted
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice I used sugar, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Place half of the ingredients except mint leaves in a blender. Blend i until very smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until the added ingredients are in very small bits.
- If you started with cold ingredients, this is ready to serve. If not, chill for an hour or so before serving.
If you started with cold ingredients, this is ready to serve. If not, chill for an hour or so before serving.