Easy Mexican Chocolate Frosting
This frosting is delicious on almost any flavor of cake or cupcake. If you are frosting a layer cake, be sure to make extra!
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 C cocoa powder Hershey's Natural Unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 C powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5-7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream added a little at a time
Place softened butter into mixing bowl.
Sift cocoa powder, cinnamon, cayenne, salt together and add to butter.
Beat with electric mixer until well combined.
Sift powdered sugar. Mix into cocoa mixture 1/3 at a time. Beat until combined.
Add vanilla and mix on medium speed while drizzling in enough heavy cream to make frosting creamy and not dry.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap until ready to use.