Halloween Pizza Recipe with Olive Spiders and Cheese-y Web
Great Halloween Party ideas can be fast and easy. This Halloween Pizza with Olive Spiders and Cheese-y Web is perfect for your party, lunch or after-school snack.
- 6 ounces mozzarella, provolone, fontina or string cheese
- 1 can medium or small black olives
- 1 can large black olives
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or cooking spray not necessary if cooking in the microwave
- 6 whole pita breads May use French bread cut in half lengthwise then cut crosswise
- 12 ounces marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish
Heat oven to 400 degrees.Cut cheese into long, thin sticks about a 1/4 inch thick.Cut small olives in half lengthwise for the "spider bodies" and each large olives into 6 or 8 long slender strips or "legs."Lightly coat sheet pan with vegetable oil or baking spray. Place pita breads on sheet pan and spread with desired amount of marinara sauce. Heat extra marinara and use as a dipping sauce. Arrange cheese sticks into a spider web shape. Cut and trim cheese sticks as needed.Place small olive halves on pita breads and arrange olive strips around olive halves to look like legs.Bake until cheese is melted and pita bread is heated through, about 10 to 15 minutes.Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve.