I’m Candi from A Day in Candiland, and I would like to thank Sandra for letting me visit with her readers today and show you my chipotle cinnamon brownies as part of my Easy Brownie Recipes. I was at a party a few years back and the food was prepared by different dessert vendors. So naturally, I had to stop my each table and taste their treasures.
I fell in love with these chipotle brownies from one of the sweet ladies there. Ever since that night I wanted to try to make them. They had just a little kick at the end of each bite. The first time I made them I used a different type of chili powder and it just wasn’t the same. Once I got the ground chipotle chile pepper, I knew it was the one. Also, adding some cinnamon, gave it a nice flavor. I thought this recipe would be great to try with Sandra’s readers since they like the Southwest flare.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Mexican chocolate or semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Line a 11 X 7 inch baking pan with foil and then spray with cooking spray
- Heat the sticks of butter and unsweetened chocolate in a medium sauce, stirring constantly, until melted. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, and ground chipotle. Add sugar mixture to melted chocolate mixture, stirring to combine. Add eggs, mixing until smooth. Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan or dish. Bake until the center is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely and then cut into small squares.
If you like these chipotle cinnamon brownies, try these other delicious desserts.