-- posted by Donna
Chipotle Coconut Maple Caramel Corn Recipe
Cracker Jacks have died and gone to heaven!
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 8 to 10
- ⅓ cup popcorn kernels (making 12 cups popped)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups chopped roasted salted almonds
- Pop the corn kernels and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil the coconut oil, maple syrup, salt and paprika. Using a candy thermometer, boil without stirring until mixture reaches 250 degrees, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately stir in almonds.
- Quickly pour mixture over popcorn, stirring vigorously and quickly. Spread mixture on an oiled baking sheet and let cool. Break into clumps and serve.