I’m Candi from A Day in Candiland, and I would like to thank Sandra for letting me visit with her readers today and show you my chipotle cinnamon brownies as part of my Easy Brownie Recipes. I was at a party a few years back and the food was prepared by different dessert vendors. So naturally, I had to stop my each table and taste their treasures.
I fell in love with these chipotle brownies from one of the sweet ladies there. Ever since that night I wanted to try to make them. They had just a little kick at the end of each bite. The first time I made them I used a different type of chili powder and it just wasn’t the same. Once I got the ground chipotle chile pepper, I knew it was the one. Also, adding some cinnamon, gave it a nice flavor. I thought this recipe would be great to try with Sandra’s readers since they like the Southwest flare.
Chipotle Cinnamon Brownies
Author: Candi Elm
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Mexican chocolate or semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Line a 11 X 7 inch baking pan with foil and then spray with cooking spray
- Heat the sticks of butter and unsweetened chocolate in a medium sauce, stirring constantly, until melted. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, and ground chipotle. Add sugar mixture to melted chocolate mixture, stirring to combine. Add eggs, mixing until smooth. Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan or dish. Bake until the center is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely and then cut into small squares.
If you like these chipotle cinnamon brownies, try these other delicious desserts.
Hey everyone this is Summer from Summer Scraps! I am so excited to be sharing one of my Simple Recipes on Everyday Southwest! I just love onion rings and sometimes want to make some simple ones to go with our hamburgers. These mini onion rings are perfect for that! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
We happen to grill throughout the entire year. I always like something delicious to go alongside what I am grilling and my mini onion rings often do the trick. I also like to make them for a delicious and simple snack.
[click to read more…]
Get a jumpstart on the holidays! We are joining some of our blogging friends to host a $500 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash Giveaway… winner’s choice!
******We have a winner!!******
******Cynthia G. has won the big prize!!******
******Congratulations Cynthia! You will receive an email and your choice of $500 Amazon gift Card or Paypal Cash!!******
I am often asked what I enjoy most about being a “blogger” and I have to say it is the friends I have made over the past few years. Along with our amazing Everyday Southwest readers and followers, I have made friends with many other fantastic bloggers.
We are joining with a few of our blogging friends to offer a “jumpstart on the holidays” and offering our readers a chance to enter a giveaway for a $500 Amazon Gift Card OR $500 in Paypal Cash.
The winner will be announced on Monday October 20, 2014 and will have 24 hours to claim their prize. If the prize is not claimed in 24 hours, another winner will be chosen.
Use the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post to enter the giveaway and then follow the links to visit the blogs of the other Giveaway Hosts.
Good Luck! I hope you win!
[click to read more…]